Essa, Alfred / Mojarad, Shirin
The Big Data Implementation Handbook
Aims and Scope
Implementing advanced analytics at scale in a competitive landscape requires the speed, agility, and mindset of an entrepreneur. It is here that organizations in the future will gain an edge. This book provides the practical guidance and theoretical background necessary to implement advanced analytics in mid- to large organizations. The theoretical component draws from the best academic research in management science, computer science, and behavioral economics. The practical component provides design patterns and case studies for implementing big data at scale in complex organizations. The design patterns take the mindset of an entrepreneur having to execute with speed and agility against the backdrop of business, technical, and stakeholder complexity.
Readers will learn:
- Principal characteristics of Advanced Analytics and Big Data in the Enterprise
- Business and technical strategies for fast, affordable, and efficient implementation
- Strategy and implementation tactics from the point of an "entrepreneur" within a large organization
- Academic research rationale behind the strategies
- Best practices in the form of case studies
- 23.0 x 15.5 cm
- Approx. xiii, 262 pages
- 45 Fig.
- Type of Publication:
- Analytics, Data Science, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Design Patterns