Team Player: How to Stay Viable and Valuable over a Career
- Real case studies about the author’s experience in working with teams
- Case studies about managing teams that offer unexpected solutions to tough problems.
- The role of the executing in helping shape corporate culture.
Aims and Scope
Rich Laviano has been using his innovative team building techniques to lead teams with a special emphasis on turning around teams at IBM. His book quite naturally is about the benefit of teams, using them effectively, managing them effectively, what it takes to manage a team, and most importantly, how being a team player can lead to greater success in an organization.
The book offers many case studies of professional team management; many done by the author. Laviano covers establishing yourself as a team player, moving from a team member to managing a team and becoming and executive. At each level you are taught best practices in team building and managing teams through some of the experiences of author.
Readers will learn:
- How to establish yourself as a brand
- How being a team player and helping others can serve you well as you go into management
- How to motivate teams
- Approx. xv, 185 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Team, Leadership, Management, Project Management, Manager, Executive