Show Summary Details
St. James´s Church in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Trade Customers from UK and Eire- order print books via Marston Book Services trade.orders@Marston.co.uk UK Individual Customers firstname.lastname@example.org
Aims and Scope
St. James is a historic Lutheran church in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, which serves as a church on the pilgrimage route to St. James Church in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. The church was built between 1311 and 1484. Its east chancel was completed in 1322, nave built from 1373-1436, and west choir, which bridges the street, from 1453-1471. The church was consecrated in 1485 by the Bishop of Würzburg. In 1525 the peasant leader Florian Geyer read aloud the articles of the revolting peasants from its west chancel.