Britain's Ferns, Clubmosses, Quillworts, and Horsetails
A Field Guide
Aims and Scope
The only comprehensive photographic guide to the ferns, clubmosses, quillworts and horsetails of Britain
This is a comprehensive, lavishly illustrated and user-friendly photographic identification guide to the fifty-seven ferns and seventeen other pteridophytes that occur in Britain. It is the perfect companion for botanists, naturalists, professional ecologists and anyone else with an interest in this fascinating group of non-flowering vascular plants. Designed to appeal to beginners and experts alike, this authoritative book includes novel identification keys and comparison tables that have been carefully devised to present only essential, easily understood technical terms and descriptions, avoiding jargon as much as possible. Cross-referenced throughout to facilitate the comparison of similar species, this definitive field guide is the go-to source for identifying these species with confidence.
- Features hundreds of stunning colour photographs
- Comprehensive coverage of Britain's 57 species of ferns, 6 clubmosses, 3 quillworts and 8 horsetails
- Includes novel, easy-to-use, jargon-free identification keys and comparison tables
- Beautifully designed, user-friendly and accessible
- 240 pages
- 700+ color photos. 70 Fig.
- PRINCETON UNIVERSITY PRESS
- British ferns; UK ferns; Scottish ferns; ferns of Scotland; Welsh ferns; ferns of Wales; English ferns; ferns of England; ferns found in England; photos of ferns; how to identify ferns; fern identification guide; pteridophytes; fern photos; what kind of fern; kinds of ferns; types of ferns; ferns found in Scotland; ferns found in Wales; native ferns
- General/trade;Professional and scholarly;College/higher education;