Quantum Machine Learning
Ed. by Bhattacharyya, Siddhartha / Pan, Indrajit / Mani, Ashish / De, Sourav / Behrman, Elizabeth / Chakraborti, Susanta
- New trend in Machine Learning based on Quantum Computing and Quantum Algorithms.
- With Examples and coding explanations.
Aims and Scope
Quantum-enhanced machine learning refers to quantum algorithms that solve tasks in machine learning, thereby improving a classical machine learning method. Such algorithms typically require one to encode the given classical dataset into a quantum computer, so as to make it accessible for quantum information processing. After this, quantum information processing routines can be applied and the result of the quantum computation is read out by measuring the quantum system. For example, the outcome of the measurement of a qubit could reveal the result of a binary classification task. While many proposals of quantum machine learning algorithms are still purely theoretical and require a full-scale universal quantum computer to be tested, others have been implemented on small-scale or special purpose quantum devices.
The salient features of the book include:
- In depth analysis of the subject matter with mathematical discourse
- Video demonstration of each chapter for enabling the readers to have a good understanding of the chapter contents.
- Examples on real life applications.
- Illustrative diagrams
- Coding examples