Language Contact and Bilingualism [LCB]
Ed. by Matras, Yaron
Aims and Scope
This series offers a wide forum for work on contact linguistics, adopting an integrated approach to diachronic and synchronic manifestations of contact, ranging from social and individual aspects to structural-typological issues. Topics covered by the series include psycholinguistic and acquisition-oriented aspects of child and adult multilingualism such as bilingual language processing, second language acquisition, and bilingual first language acquisition; social, formal-structural, and conversational aspects of code switching; diachronic and typological aspects of contact-induced language change such as lexical and structural borrowing, contact languages, pidgins and creoles, convergence, and linguistic areas; as well as societal aspects of multilingualism, language management in multilingual societies, receptive multilingualism and lingua francas, language maintenance and language shift, multilingualism in computer-mediated communication, and more. The series does not have a fixed theoretical orientation and welcomes contributions from a variety of approaches.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- Vol. 15: Multilingual Practices in Language History (2017) Ed. by Pahta, Päivi / Skaffari, Janne / Wright, Laura
- Vol. 14: Boundaries and Bridges (2017) Ed. by Yakpo, Kofi / Muysken, Pieter C.
- Vol. 13: Loss and Renewal (2016) Ed. by Meakins, Felicity / O'Shannessy, Carmel
- Vol. 12: A Corpus-Driven Approach to Language Contact (2016)
- Vol. 11: Converging Grammars (2015)
- Vol. 16: Contact and Ideology in a Multilingual Community (2017)
- Vol. 10: Substrate and Adstrate (2015)
- Vol. 9: Pseudo-English (2015) Ed. by Furiassi, Cristiano / Gottlieb, Henrik
- Vol. 8: Borrowed Morphology (2014) Ed. by Gardani, Francesco / Arkadiev, Peter / Amiridze, Nino
- Vol. 7: New Perspectives on Lexical Borrowing (2013) Ed. by Zenner, Eline / Kristiansen, Gitte
- Vol. 6: Contact Languages (2013) Ed. by Bakker, Peter / Matras, Yaron
- Vol. 5: Repertoires and Choices in African Languages (2013)
- Vol. 4: Language Contact in a Postcolonial Setting (2012) Ed. by Anchimbe, Eric A.
- Vol. 3: Origins of a Creole (2012)
- Vol. 2: Dynamics of Contact-Induced Language Change (2012) Ed. by Chamoreau, Claudine / Léglise, Isabelle
- Vol. 1: Linguistic Simplicity and Complexity (2011)