Cognitive Linguistics Research [CLR]
Ed. by Geeraerts, Dirk / Divjak, Dagmar / Taylor, John R.
Aims and Scope
Honorary editors: René Dirven, Ronald W. Langacker
COGNITIVE LINGUISTICS RESEARCH offers a forum for the presentation of research within the perspective of cognitive linguistics. This rubric subsumes a variety of concerns and broadly compatible theoretical approaches that have a common basic outlook: that language is an integral facet of cognition which reflects the interaction of social, cultural, psychological, communicative and functional considerations, and which can only be understood in the context of a realistic view of acquisition, cognitive development and mental processing.
Cognitive linguistics thus eschews the imposition of artificial boundaries, both internal and external. Internally, it seeks a unified account of language structure that avoids such problematic dichotomies as lexicon versus grammar, morphology versus syntax, etc. Externally, it seeks to explicate language structure in terms of other facets of cognition on which it draws, as well as the communicative function it serves. Linguistic analysis can therefore profit from the insights of neighboring and overlapping disciplines such as sociology, cultural anthropology, neuroscience, philosophy, psychology and cognitive science.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- Vol. 60: Cognitive, Social, and Individual Constraints on Linguistic Variation (2016)
- Vol. 59: Variation in Metonymy (2016)
- Vol. 58: The Lexical Typology of Semantic Shifts (2016) Ed. by Juvonen, Päivi / Koptjevskaja-Tamm, Maria
- Vol. 57: Fingerprinting Constructions (2019)
- Vol. 56: The Evolution of Slavic Aspect (2018)
- Vol. 55: Viewpoint and the Fabric of Meaning (2017) Ed. by Dancygier, Barbara / Lu, Wei-lun / Verhagen, Arie
- Vol. 54: Extending the Scope of Construction Grammar (2017) Ed. by Boogaart, Ronny / Colleman, Timothy / Rutten, Gijsbert
- Vol. 53: Linguistic Profiles (2015)
- Vol. 52: Metaphor and Metonymy across Time and Cultures (2017) Ed. by Díaz-Vera, Javier E.
- Vol. 51: The Nature of Rules, Regularities and Units in Language (2013)
- Vol. 50: Lexical Bootstrapping (2013) Ed. by Bittner, Dagmar / Ruhlig, Nadja
- Vol. 49: Incipient Productivity (2012)
- Vol. 48: Windows to the Mind (2011) Ed. by Handl, Sandra / Schmid, Hans-Jörg
- Vol. 47: Historical Cognitive Linguistics (2010) Ed. by Winters, Margaret E. / Tissari, Heli / Allan, Kathryn
- Vol. 46: Quantitative Methods in Cognitive Semantics: Corpus-Driven Approaches (2010) Ed. by Glynn, Dylan / Fischer, Kerstin
- Vol. 45: Advances in Cognitive Sociolinguistics (2010) Ed. by Geeraerts, Dirk / Kristiansen, Gitte / Peirsman, Yves
- Vol. 44: Causal Categories in Discourse and Cognition (2009) Ed. by Sanders, Ted / Sweetser, Eve
- Vol. 43: Structuring the Lexicon (2010)
- Vol. 42: Investigations in Cognitive Grammar (2009)
- Vol. 41: Meaning in Mind and Society (2010)
- Vol. 40: Abstract Phonology in a Concrete Model (2008)
- Vol. 39: Cognitive Sociolinguistics (2008) Ed. by Kristiansen, Gitte / Dirven, René
- Vol. 38: Cognitive Paths into the Slavic Domain (2008) Ed. by Divjak, Dagmar / Kochanska, Agata
- Vol. 37: Language in the Context of Use (2008) Ed. by Tyler, Andrea / Kim, Yiyoung / Takada, Mari
- Vol. 36: Space, Time, and the Use of Language (2008)
- Vol. 35.2: Body, Language and Mind. Volume 2 Sociocultural Situatedness (2008) Ed. by Frank, Roslyn M. / Dirven, René / Ziemke, Tom / Bernárdez, Enrique
- Vol. 35.1: Body, Language and Mind. Volume 1 Embodiment (2008) Ed. by Ziemke, Tom / Zlatev, Jordan / Frank, Roslyn M.
- Vol. 34: Cognitive Linguistics: Basic Readings (2008) Ed. by Geeraerts, Dirk
- Vol. 33: Words and Other Wonders (2009)
- Vol. 32: Cognitive Linguistics (2008) Ed. by Peña Cervel, M. Sandra / Ruiz de Mendoza Ibáñez, Francisco J.
- Vol. 31: Subjectification (2011) Ed. by Athanasiadou, Angeliki / Canakis, Costas / Cornillie, Bert
- Vol. 30: The Semantics of Polysemy (2008)
- Vol. 29: From Perception to Meaning (2008) Ed. by Hampe, Beate
- Vol. 28: Studies in Linguistic Motivation (2004) Ed. by Radden, Günter / Panther, Klaus-Uwe
- Vol. 27: Discourse Markers in Colombian Spanish (2005)
- Vol. 26: A Cognitive-Functional Approach to Nominalization in English (2015)
- Vol. 25: English Inversion (2013)
- Vol. 24: Cognitive Models in Language and Thought (2012) Ed. by Dirven, René / Frank, Roslyn / Pütz, Martin
- Vol. 23: Cognitive Approaches to Lexical Semantics (2009) Ed. by Cuyckens, Hubert / Dirven, René / Taylor, John R.
- Vol. 22: The English Change Network (2013)
- Vol. 21: Grounding (2012) Ed. by Brisard, Frank
- Vol. 20: Metaphor and Metonymy in Comparison and Contrast (2009) Ed. by Dirven, René / Pörings, Ralf
- Vol. 19.2: Applied Cognitive Linguistics. II Language Pedagogy (2012)
- Vol. 19.1: Applied Cognitive Linguistics. I Theory and Language Acquisition (2001) Ed. by Pütz, Martin / Niemeier, Susanne / Dirven, René
- Vol. 18: Cognitive Linguistics and Non-Indo-European Languages (2008) Ed. by Casad, Eugene H. / Palmer, Gary B.
- Vol. 17: Emotions in Crosslinguistic Perspective (2010) Ed. by Harkins, Jean / Wierzbicka, Anna
- Vol. 16: A Cognitive Approach to the Verb (2011) Ed. by Simonsen, Hanne Gram / Endresen, Rolf Theil
- Vol. 15: Cognitive Linguistics (2010) Ed. by Janssen, Theo / Redeker, Gisela
- Vol. 14: Grammar and Conceptualization (2010)
- Vol. 13: Historical Semantics and Cognition (2013) Ed. by Blank, Andreas / Koch, Peter
- Vol. 12: Issues in Cognitive Linguistics (2011) Ed. by Stadler, Leon de / Eyrich, Christoph
- Vol. 11: Representation of Cognitive Structures (2011)
- Vol. 10: Speaking of Emotions (2010) Ed. by Athanasiadou, Angeliki / Tabakowska, Elzbieta
- Vol. 9: Cognitive Semantics and the Polish Dative (2011)
- Vol. 8: The Construal of Space in Language and Thought (2011) Ed. by Pütz, Martin / Dirven, René
- Vol. 7: Give (2010)
- Vol. 6: Cognitive Linguistics in the Redwoods (2011) Ed. by Casad, Eugene H.
- Vol. 5: The Structure of Lexical Variation (2012)
- Vol. 4: A Geography of Case Semantics (2013)
- Vol. 3: Conceptualizations and Mental Processing in Language (2011) Ed. by Geiger, Richard A. / Rudzka-Ostyn, Brygida
- Vol. 2: Grammar in Mind and Brain (2011)
- Vol. 1: Concept, Image, and Symbol (2010)