Phonology and Phonetics [PP]
Ed. by Lahiri, Aditi
Aims and Scope
Phonology and Phonetics have had a tumultuous, if not always unequivocal relationship in the past. This relationship is now being invigorated from both sides, after mutual disinterest had prevailed for some time and disciplines, which are natural partners, were drifting apart. A major issue today is where best to draw the linebetween phonology and phonetics, and whether to draw one at all. This series aims to stabilize and strengthen the relationship and, by facing the big challenges, to ensure thatphonetically groundedphonology and phonologically informedphonetics will have a sound future.
The series is intended as a forum for the interaction of phonology and phonetics within linguistics. It welcomes joint phonological-phonetic ventures as well as initiatives from either discipline, as long as they are made with a view of the other.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- Vol. 25: Rethinking Reduction (2018) Ed. by Cangemi, Francesco / Clayards, Meghan / Niebuhr, Oliver / Schuppler, Barbara / Zellers, Margaret
- Sound Structures of Greek (2017)
- Vol. 24: Intonation in African Tone Languages (2016) Ed. by Downing, Laura J. / Rialland, Annie
- Vol. 23: Phonological Typology (2017) Ed. by Hyman, Larry M. / Plank, Frans
- Vol. 22: The Speech Processing Lexicon (2017) Ed. by Lahiri, Aditi / Kotzor, Sandra
- Vol. 21: Features in Phonology and Phonetics (2015) Ed. by Rialland, Annie / Ridouane, Rachid / Hulst, Harry van der
- Vol. 20: Approaches to Metaphony in the Languages of Italy (2016) Ed. by Torres-Tamarit, Francesc / Linke, Kathrin / Oostendorp, Marc van
- Vol. 19: The Phonetics and Phonology of Contrast (2014)
- Vol. 18: The Sonority Controversy (2012) Ed. by Parker, Steve
- Vol. 17: Lexical Representation (2011) Ed. by Gaskell, Gareth / Zwitserlood, Pienie
- Vol. 16: Approaches to Phonological Complexity (2009) Ed. by Pellegrino, François / Marsico, Egidio / Chitoran, Ioana / Coupé, Christophe
- Vol. 15: Phonology in Perception (2009) Ed. by Boersma, Paul / Hamann, Silke
- Vol. 14: Variation and Gradience in Phonetics and Phonology (2009) Ed. by Kügler, Frank / Féry, Caroline / Vijver, Ruben
- Vol. 13: Contrast in Phonology (2008) Ed. by Avery, Peter / Dresher, B. Elan / Rice, Keren
- Vol. 12-2: Tones and Tunes. Volume 2 Experimental Studies in Word and Sentence Prosody (2009) Ed. by Gussenhoven, Carlos / Riad, Tomas
- Vol. 12-1: Tones and Tunes. Volume 1 Typological Studies in Word and Sentence Prosody (2009) Ed. by Riad, Tomas / Gussenhoven, Carlos
- Vol. 11: Formal Approaches to Poetry (2008) Ed. by Dresher, B. Elan / Friedberg, Nila
- Vol. 10: Strength and Weakness at the Interface (2008)
- Vol. 9: Prosodies (2009) Ed. by Frota, Sónia / Vigário, Marina / Freitas, Maria João
- Vol. 8: The Grammar of Carnatic Music (2008)
- Vol. 7: Laboratory Approaches to Spanish Phonology (2004) Ed. by Face, Timothy L.
- Vol. 6: Phonetics and Phonology in Language Comprehension and Production (2011) Ed. by Schiller, Niels O. / Meyer, Antje S.
- Vol. 5: Quantity and Prosodic Asymmetries in Alemannic (2009)
- Vol. 4-4: Laboratory Phonology 10 (2010) Ed. by Fougeron, Cécile / Kuehnert, Barbara / Imperio, Mariapaola / Vallee, Nathalie
- Vol. 4-3: Laboratory Phonology 9 (2007) Ed. by Cole, Jennifer / Hualde, José Ignacio
- Vol. 4-2: Laboratory Phonology 8 (2009) Ed. by Goldstein, Louis / Whalen, D. H. / Best, Catherine T.
- Vol. 4-1: Laboratory Phonology 7 (2002) Ed. by Gussenhoven, Carlos / Warner, Natasha
- Vol. 3: From Memory to Speech and Back (2013)
- Vol. 2: Distinctive Feature Theory (2012) Ed. by Hall, T. Alan
- Vol. 1: The Temporal Structure of Estonian Runic Songs (2001)