Contributions to the Sociology of Language [CSL]
Founded by Fishman, Joshua A.
Ed. by Garcia, Ofelia / Hult, Francis M.
Aims and Scope
CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE SOCIOLOGY OF LANGUAGE brings to students, researchers and practitioners in all of the social and language-related sciences carefully selected book-length publications dealing with sociolinguistic theory, methods, findings and applications.
It approaches the study of language in society in its broadest sense, as a truly international and interdisciplinary field in which various approaches, theoretical and empirical, supplement and complement each other.
The series invites the attention of linguists, language teachers of all interests, sociologists, political scientists, anthropologists, historians etc. to the development of the sociology of language.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- Vol. 99: Russian Diaspora (2011)
- Vol. 98: The Function of Proverbs in Discourse: The Case of a Mexican Transnational Social Network (2010)
- Vol. 97: Linguistic Diversity in Europe (2012) Ed. by Studer, Patrick / Werlen, Iwar
- Vol. 96: Multilingual Europe (2008) Ed. by Extra, Guus / Gorter, Durk
- Vol. 95: Standards and Norms in the English Language (2008) Ed. by Locher, Miriam A. / Strässler, Jürg
- Vol. 94: Mapping Linguistic Diversity in Multicultural Contexts (2008) Ed. by Barni, Monica / Extra, Guus
- Vol. 93: Language Regimes in Transformation (2008) Ed. by Coulmas, Florian
- Vol. 92: 'Along the Routes to Power' (2011) Ed. by Pütz, Martin / Fishman, Joshua A. / Neff-van Aertselaer, JoAnne
- Vol. 91: Mexican Indigenous Languages at the Dawn of the Twenty-First Century (2008) Ed. by Hidalgo, Margarita
- Vol. 90: Australia's Many Voices. Teil 2 Ethnic Englishes, Indigenous and Migrant Languages (2004)
- Vol. 90: Australia's Many Voices. Teil 1 Australian English - The National Language (2004)
- Vol. 89: Multilingualism in China (2012)
- Vol. 88: Koineization in Medieval Spanish (2012)
- Vol. 87: Opportunities and Challenges of Bilingualism (2011) Ed. by Wei, Li / Dewaele, Jean-Marc / Housen, Alex
- Vol. 86: Language Change (2011) Ed. by Jones, Mari C. / Esch, Edith
- Vol. 85: English in Cameroon (2001)
- Vol. 84: The Dominance of English as a Language of Science (2011) Ed. by Ammon, Ulrich
- Vol. 83: Arabic as a Minority Language (2000) Ed. by Owens, Jonathan
- Vol. 82: Pluricentric Languages in an Immigrant Context (1999)
- Vol. 81: Sociolinguistics in Japanese Contexts (1998) Ed. by Kunihiro, Tetsuya / Inoue, Fumio / Long, Daniel
- Vol. 80: Language and Power in the Creation of the USSR, 1917-1953 (1998)
- Vol. 79: Negotiating Language, Constructing Race (2000)
- Vol. 78: Undoing and Redoing Corpus Planning (1997) Ed. by Clyne, Michael
- Vol. 76: In Praise of the Beloved Language (1996)
- Vol. 75: Indigenous Literacies in the Americas (1996) Ed. by Hornberger, Nancy H.
- Vol. 74: Two Languages at Work (1996)
- Vol. 73: Language Loss and the Crisis of Cognition (1996)
- Vol. 72: Post-Imperial English (1996) Ed. by Fishman, Joshua A. / Conrad, Andrew W. / Rubal-Lopez, Alma
- Vol. 71: Contrastive Sociolinguistics (1996) Ed. by Hellinger, Marlis / Ammon, Ulrich
- Vol. 70: Language Use in Rural Development (1996)
- Vol. 69: Discrimination through Language in Africa? (1995) Ed. by Pütz, Martin
- Vol. 67: Linguistic Human Rights (1995) Ed. by Skutnabb-Kangas, Tove / Phillipson, Robert
- Vol. 66: Crosswords (1994)
- Vol. 65: The Earliest Stage of Language Planning (1993) Ed. by Fishman, Joshua A.
- Vol. 64: Language Death (1992) Ed. by Brenzinger, Matthias
- Vol. 63: Power in Family Discourse (1991)
- Vol. 62: Pluricentric Languages (1991) Ed. by Clyne, Michael
- Vol. 61: A Language Policy for the European Community (1991) Ed. by Coulmas, Florian
- Vol. 60: Language Planning and National Development (1991)
- Vol. 58: Languages in School and Society (1991) Ed. by McGroarty, Mary E. / Faltis, Christian J.
- Vol. 57: Perspectives on Official English (1990) Ed. by Adams, Karen L. / Brink, Daniel T.
- Vol. 54: The Politics of Language Purism (1989) Ed. by Jernudd, Björn H. / Shapiro, Michael J.
- Vol. 53: English across Cultures. Cultures across English (1989) Ed. by García, Ofelia / Otheguy, Ricardo
- Vol. 52: Working with Language (1989) Ed. by Coleman, Hywel
- Vol. 51: Symbolic Values of Foreign Language Use (1989)
- Vol. 50: Terms of Address (1988)
- Vol. 49: The Ideology of English (1988)
- Vol. 48: Codeswitching (1988) Ed. by Heller, Monica
- Vol. 47: The Modern Stranger (1988)
- Vol. 46: Blessings of Babel (1987)
- Vol. 45: Linguistic Sex Roles in Conversation (1986)
- Vol. 44: Language in Ethnicity (1986)
- Vol. 42: The Fergusonian Impact (2018) Ed. by Fishman, Joshua A.
- Vol. 41: Constructing the Social Context of Communication (2015)
- Vol. 40: Sociolinguistic Perspectives on Soviet National Languages (2015) Ed. by Kreindler, Isabelle T.
- Vol. 39: Toward a Social History of American English (1985)
- Vol. 37: The Rise and Fall of the Ethnic Revival (1985)
- Vol. 36: Language of Inequality (1985) Ed. by Wolfson, Nessa / Manes, Joan
- Vol. 35: Spanish Language Use and Public Life in the United States (1985) Ed. by Elías-Olivares, Lucía / Leone, Elizabeth A. / Cisneros, René / Gutiérrez, John R.
- Vol. 34: Language Shift in the United States (1983)
- Vol. 32: The Esperanto Movement (1982)
- Vol. 31: Progress in Language Planning (1983) Ed. by Cobarrubias, Juan / Fishman, Joshua A.
- Vol. 30: Never Say Die! (1981) Ed. by Fishman, Joshua A.
- Vol. 29: Perspectives on American English (1980) Ed. by Dillard, Joey L.
- Vol. 26: A Crisis in Swiss pluralism (1979)
- Vol. 25: The Relationship of Verbal and Nonverbal Communication (1980)
- Vol. 23: Institutionalized Language Planning (1979)
- Vol. 22: The French Language and National Identity (1930–1975) (2015)
- Vol. 21: Language Planning Processes (1977) Ed. by Rubin, Joan / Jernudd, Björn H. / DasGupta, Jyotirindra / Fishman, Joshua A. / Ferguson, Charles A.
- Vol. 17: Acceptability in Language (2015) Ed. by Greenbaum, Sidney
- Vol. 112: Languages in Jewish Communities, Past and Present (2018) Ed. by Hary, Benjamin / Bunin Benor, Sarah
- Vol. 111: Diversification of Mexican Spanish (2018)
- Vol. 110: Urban Multilingualism in the European Union (2019) Ed. by Caliendo, Giuditta / Janssens, Rudi / Slembrouck, Stef / Van Avermaet, Piet
- Vol. 15: Issues in Sociolinguistics (2014) Ed. by Uribe-Villegas, Oscar
- Vol. 109: Language Awareness in Multilingual Classrooms in Europe (2018) Ed. by Hélot, Christine / Frijns, Carolien / Gorp, Koen / Sierens, Sven
- Vol. 108: Style and Intersubjectivity in Youth Interaction (2018)
- Vol. 107: New Multilingual Practices in Post-Apartheid South Africa (2018)
- Vol. 106: Language Change in Central Asia (2017) Ed. by Ahn, Elise S. / Smagulova, Juldyz
- Vol. 105: Youth Language Practices in Africa and Beyond (2015) Ed. by Nassenstein, Nico / Hollington, Andrea
- Vol. 104: Discourse, Ideology and Heritage Language Socialization (2018)
- Vol. 103: Constructing the Heritage Language Learner (2013)
- Vol. 102: Current Multilingualism (2013) Ed. by Singleton, David / Fishman, Joshua A. / Aronin, Larissa / Ó Laoire, Muiris
- Vol. 101: Paradigm Shift in Language Planning and Policy (2012)
- Vol. 100: Postcolonial Linguistic Voices (2011) Ed. by Anchimbe, Eric A. / Mforteh, Stephen A.
- Vol. 13: Black Names (1976) Ed. by Dillard, Joey L.
- Vol. 12: Selection among Alternates in Language Standardization (1976)
- Vol. 11: Universalism versus Relativism in Language and Thought (1976) Ed. by Pinxten, Rik
- Vol. 9: Advances in the Study of Societal Multilingualism (1978) Ed. by Fishman, Joshua A.
- Vol. 8: Advances in the Creation and Revision of Writing Systems (1977) Ed. by Fishman, Joshua A.
- Vol. 6: The Revival of Classical Tongue (1973)
- Vol. 5: Advances in language planning (1974) Ed. by Fishman, Joshua A.
- Vol. 4: Perspectives on Black English (1975) Ed. by Dillard, Joey L.