Internationales Jahrbuch des Deutschen Idealismus / International Yearbook of German Idealism
Ed. by Emundts, Dina / Sedgwick, Sally
Aims and Scope
German Idealism is one of the most important and momentous epochs in modern philosophy. Agreement on the concept of philosophy and on what philosophical theory formation is capable of achieving was largely shaped - and its continued development ensured to this day - by systematic philosophy on foundations laid by Kant.
Both in German-speaking countries and abroad, the volume of research on German Idealism has increased remarkably in recent decades. The intensity of exploration has been particularly notable in Anglo-American regions, though attention to this subject has unmistakably increased in France, Italy, Spain, and Japan as well. Such study has created setting for international research marked by many different philosophical interests, methodological orientations, and cultural traditions.
The International Yearbook of German Idealism is a response to this development. It gives international research on German Idealism a forum for discussion and provides an international framework for comparative investigation of theories and problems relating to German Idealism. It also addresses topics central to current philosophical debates.
- 7/2009 Glaube und Vernunft. / Faith and Reason
- 1/2003 Konzepte der Rationalität / Concepts of Rationality
- 2/2004 Der Begriff des Staates / The Concept of the State
- 3/2005 Deutscher Idealismus und die gegenwärtige analytische Philosophie / German Idealism and Contemporary Analytic Philosophy
- 4/2006 Ästhetik und Philosophie der Kunst / Aesthetics and Philosophy of Art
- 5/2007 Metaphysik / Metaphysics
- 6/2008 Romantik / Romanticism
- 8/2010 Philosophie und Wissenschaft / Philosophy and Science
- 9/2011 Freiheit / Freedom
- 10/2012 Geschichte/History
- 11/2013 Bewusstsein/Consciousness
- 12/2014 Logik / Logic