Europäisch-jüdische Studien – Kontroversen
Herausgegeben vom Moses Mendelssohn Zentrum in Kooperation mit dem Zentrum Jüdische Studien Berlin-Brandenburg
[European-Jewish Studies – Controversies]
Ed. by Moses Mendelssohn Zentrum in Kooperation mit dem Zentrum Jüdische Studien Berlin-Branden
- This series provides an interdisciplinary forum for the excellent work of the Centre for Jewish Studies, a new umbrella group including almost all the organizations in the Berlin - Brandenburg area of Germany concerned with this topic.
- The networked knowledge relating to Jewish studies in this region is unique.
- To the website of the Centre for Jewish Studies in Berlin and Brandenburg
Aims and Scope
European-Jewish Studies reflect the interdisciplinary network and competence of the “Centre for Jewish Studies Berlin and Brandenburg” which was founded in 2011. The Centre gathers together the most important institutions working on Jewish studies in the region – including the relevant universities and establishments in Berlin and Potsdam. The interdisciplinary character of the series places particular emphasis on the way in which history, the humanities and cultural science approach the subject, as well as on fundamental intellectual, political and religious questions that inspire Jewish life and thinking today, and have influenced it in the past.
- The CONTROVERSIES deal with fundamental debates that are of contemporary and journalistic relevance.
- The EDITIONS present new editions of works by outstanding Jewish authors.
- The CONTRIBUTIONS publish excellent monographs on the entire spectrum of themes from Jewish studies.