Sign Languages and Deaf Communities [SLDC]
Ed. by Herrmann, Annika / Steinbach, Markus / Zeshan, Ulrike
Aims and Scope
Editorial board: Carlo Geraci, Rachel McKee, Victoria Nyst, Marianne Rossi Stumpf, Felix Sze, Sandra Wood
Over the past decades, the field of sign language linguistics has expanded considerably. Recent research on sign languages includes a wide range of subdomains such as reference grammars, theoretical linguistics, psycho- and neurolinguistics, sociolinguistics, and applied studies on sign languages and Deaf communities. The SLDC series is concerned with the study of sign languages in a comprehensive way, covering various theoretical, experimental, and applied dimensions of sign language research and their relationship to Deaf communities around the world. The series provides a multidisciplinary platform for innovative and outstanding research in sign language linguistics and aims at linking the study of sign languages to current trends in modern linguistics, such as new experimental and theoretical investigations, the importance of language endangerment, the impact of technological developments on data collection and Deaf education, and the broadening geographical scope of typological sign language studies, especially in terms of research on non-Western sign languages and Deaf communities.
A portion of the proceeds from the sales of each book in this series benefits the Deaf Empowerment Foundation (DEF).
- Functions of Head and Body Movements in Austrian Sign Language (2017)
- Vol. 8: Nominal Modification in Italian Sign Language (2017)
- Vol. 7: Bilingualism and Deafness (2016)
- Vol. 6: A Matter of Complexity (2016) Ed. by Pfau, Roland / Steinbach, Markus / Herrmann, Annika
- Vol. 5: On Relativization and Clefting (2014)
- Vol. 4: The Meaning of Space in Sign Language (2015)
- Vol. 3: Mouth Actions in Sign Languages (2014)
- Vol. 2: Modal and Focus Particles in Sign Languages (2013)
- Vol. 1: Sign Language Research, Uses and Practices (2013) Ed. by Meurant, Laurence / Sinte, Aurélie / Van Herreweghe, Mieke / Vermeerbergen, Myriam
- Brazilian Sign Language Studies (2020) Ed. by Müller de Quadros, Ronice