Historischer und kritischer Kommentar zu Friedrich Nietzsches Werken
[Historical and Critical Commentary on the Works of Friedrich Nietzsche]
Ed. by Heidelberger Akademie der Wissenschaften
Aims and Scope
The Heidelberg Academy of Sciences is undertaking the first comprehensive historical and critical commentary of Friedrich Nietzsche’s works. Although Nietzsche is one of the most influential thinkers of the modern age, until now, no general commentary on his oeuvre has been published that addresses the full spectrum of philosophical, historical, and literary factors and contexts that inform his work. This commentary aims to draw together a wide range of existing scholarship, and should considerably enhance our understanding of this important philosopher. Introductory overviews will explain the conceptual interrelationships and structures in Nietzsche’s writings while also illuminating the history of their production and subsequent reception. Comprehensive annotations will address individual textual passages and their origins, thus providing a new perspective on Nietzsche’s works. This annotated edition will represent an indispensible basis for future research on Nietzsche.
The commentary will be organized in the same manner as the Critical Study Edition (KSA) by Giorgio Colli and Mazzino Montinari.A total of six volumes are planned, to be released in multiple sub-volumes. A seventh volume will contain various indexes. The entire edition will be completed in 2023.
- Band 1.1 Kommentar zu Nietzsches "Die Geburt der Tragödie"
- Band 1.2 Kommentar zu Nietzsches "Unzeitgemäße Betrachtungen"
- Band 1.3 Kommentar zu Nietzsches "Ueber Wahrheit und Lüge im aussermoralischen Sinne"
- Band 3.1 Kommentar zu Nietzsches "Morgenröthe", "Idyllen aus Messina"
- Band 5.1 Kommentar zu Nietzsches "Jenseits von Gut und Böse"
- Band 5.2 Nietzsche-Kommentar: "Zur Genealogie der Moral"
- Band 6.1 Nietzsche-Kommentar: "Der Fall Wagner" und "Götzen-Dämmerung"
- Band 6.2 Kommentar zu Nietzsches "Der Antichrist", "Ecce homo", "Dionysos-Dithyramben" und "Nietzsche contra Wagner"