Show Summary Details
Board of International Research in Design
Aims and Scope
- BIRD, the "Board of International Research in Design", is a forum for publications on insightful design research.
- BIRD is convinced that highly qualified design research is relevant: both in regards to design in its entire complexity as well as in regards to social, cultural, economic and scientific developments in our societies.
- BIRD publishes its works with Birkhäuser. Birkhäuser has not only made a name for itself in the fields of architecture and design, but also offers an excellent distribution network due to its place within the De Gruyter Publishing Group.
- BIRD proposes projects and texts from design research that merit publication and supervises their publication.
- BIRD is also constantly on the lookout for excellent presentations of significant design research.
Call for Papers: BIRD Conference New Experimental Research in Design /NERD, 15-16 June 2017, Braunschweig University of Art (HBK), Germany. Further information.
- Crowd Design (2017)
- Gender Design (2017)
- Design durch Gebrauch (2013)
- Design Research Now (2012) Ed. by Michel, Ralf
- Design Dictionary (2007) Ed. by Erlhoff, Michael / Marshall, Timothy
- Wörterbuch Design (2007) Ed. by Erlhoff, Michael / Marshall, Timothy
- Design by Use (2013)
- Design as Research (2017) Ed. by Joost, Gesche / Bredies, Katharina / Christensen, Michelle / Conradi, Florian / Unteidig, Andreas
- Transformation Design (2017) Ed. by Jonas, Wolfgang / Zerwas, Sarah / von Anshelm, Kristof
- Design als Rhetorik (2008) Ed. by Joost, Gesche / Scheuermann, Arne
- Prozessästhetik (2015)
- Mapping Design Research (2012) Ed. by Grand, Simon / Jonas, Wolfgang
- Design Research Now 2 (2018) Ed. by Michel, Ralf / Joost, Gesche / Mareis, Claudia
- Thinking Design (2013) Ed. by Reuter, Wolf D. / Jonas, Wolfgang
- Designerly Ways of Knowing (2007)
- Gestaltung denken (2010) Ed. by Edelmann, Klaus Thomas / Terstiege, Gerrit