Interdisciplinary German Cultural Studies
Ed. by Kacandes, Irene
Aims and Scope
The series publishes monographs and edited volumes that showcase significant scholarly work at the various intersections that currently motivate interdisciplinary inquiry in German cultural studies. Topics span German-speaking lands and cultures from the 18th to the 21st century, with a special focus on demonstrating how various disciplines and new theoretical and methodological paradigms work across disciplinary boundaries to create knowledge and add to critical understanding in German studies. The series editor is a renowned professor of German studies in the United States who penned one of the foundational texts for understanding what interdisciplinary German cultural studies can be. All works are peer-reviewed and in English. Three new titles will be published annually.
About the series editor:
Irene Kacandes is the Dartmouth Professor of German Studies and Comparative Literature at Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire. She received three degrees from Harvard University and also studied at the Free University of Berlin and Aristotle University in Thessaloniki, Greece. She publishes on a wide range of interdisciplinary topics including secondary orality, rhetoric, aesthetics, trauma, witnessing, family and generational memory, experimental life writing, Holocaust testimony, and narrative theory. She has lectured widely in the United States and Europe and currently serves as President of the International Society for the Study of Narrative and Vice President of the German Studies Association.
- Vol. 17: German Women Writers and the Spatial Turn: New Perspectives (2015) Ed. by Daffner, Carola / Muellner, Beth A.
- Vol. 22: Cosmic Miniatures and the Future Sense (2017)
- Vol. 18: Performing Knowledge, 1750-1850 (2015) Ed. by Dupree, Mary Helen / Franzel, Sean B.
- Vol. 23: The Proletarian Dream (2017)
- Vol. 21: Kafka and the Universal (2016) Ed. by Cools, Arthur / Liska, Vivian
- Vol. 20: Musical Biographies (2016)
- Vol. 19: KulturConfusão – On German-Brazilian Interculturalities (2015) Ed. by Finger, Anke / Kathöfer, Gabi / Larkosh, Christopher
- Vol. 16: Revolutionary Subjects (2017)
- Vol. 15: Rethinking Emotion (2014) Ed. by Campe, Rüdiger / Weber, Julia
- Vol. 14: W.G. Sebald’s Hybrid Poetics (2016)
- Vol. 13: Visualizing the Past (2013)
- Vol. 12: Germans Going Global (2016)
- Vol. 11: Max Pechstein: The Rise and Fall of Expressionism (2012)
- Vol. 10: Complicity, Censorship and Criticism (2011)
- The Happy Burden of History (2011)
- Vol. 8: When Machines Play Chopin (2010)
- Vol. 7: Myth, Matriarchy and Modernity (2010)
- Vol. 6: "Sinn und Form" (2009)
- Vol. 5: Reproducing Enlightenment: Paradoxes in the Life of the Body Politic (2010)
- Vol. 4: Memory Matters (2008)
- Vol. 3: Sites of the Uncanny (2012)
- Vol. 2: Victims and Perpetrators: 1933-1945 (2012) Ed. by Cohen-Pfister, Laurel / Wienroeder-Skinner, Dagmar
- Vol. 1: W. G. Sebald (2008) Ed. by Denham, Scott / McCulloh, Mark