Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes
Ed. by Montanari, Franco / Rengakos, Antonios
Aims and Scope
Trends in Classics, a series and journal edited by Franco Montanari and Antonios Rengakos, publishes innovative, interdisciplinary work which brings to the study of Greek and Latin texts the insights and methods of related disciplines such as narratology, intertextuality, reader-response criticism, and oral poetics. Both publications seek to publish research across the full range of classical antiquity.
The series Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes welcomes monographs, edited volumes, conference proceedings and collections of papers; it provides an important forum for the ongoing debate about where Classics fits in modern cultural and historical studies.
The journal Trends in Classics is published twice a year with approx. 160 pp. per issue. Each year one issue is devoted to a specific subject with articles edited by a guest editor.
- Vol. 72: Studies in Greek Lexicography (2018) Ed. by Giannakis, Georgios K. / Charalambakis, Christoforos / Montanari, Franco / Rengakos, Antonios
- Vol. 71: Theocritus and his native Muse (2018)
- Vol. 70: Acusilaus of Argos’ Rhapsody in Prose (2019)
- Vol. 69: Intratextuality and Latin Literature (2018) Ed. by Harrison, Stephen / Frangoulidis, Stavros / Papanghelis, Theodore D.
- Vol. 68: Plato’s >Statesman< Revisited (2018) Ed. by Bossi, Beatriz / Robinson, Thomas M.
- Vol. 67: Plato’s forms, mathematics and astronomy (2018)
- Vol. 66: The Iliad - the Poem of Zeus (2018)
- Vol. 65: After 69 CE - Writing Civil War in Flavian Rome (2018) Ed. by Ginsberg, Lauren Donovan / Krasne, Darcy A.
- Vol. 64: Intertextuality in Flavian Epic Poetry (2019) Ed. by Coffee, Neil / Forstall, Christoper / Galli Milic, Lavinia / Nelis, Damien P.
- Vol. 63: Hope in ancient literature, history, and art (2018) Ed. by Kazantzidis, George / Spatharas, Dimos
- Vol. 62: Dynamics of Ancient Prose (2018) Ed. by Thorsen, Thea S. / Harrison, Stephen
- Vol. 61: Life, Love and Death in Latin Poetry (2018) Ed. by Frangoulidis, Stavros / Harrison, Stephen
- Vol. 60: Polybius and His Legacy (2018) Ed. by Miltsios, Nikos / Tamiolaki, Melina
- Vol. 59: Herodotus - narrator, scientist, historian (2018) Ed. by Bowie, Ewen
- Vol. 58: Paths of Song (2018) Ed. by Andújar, Rosa / Coward, Thomas R. P. / Hadjimichael, Theodora A.
- Vol. 57: Plutarch’s >Parallel Lives< - Narrative Technique and Moral Judgement (2018)
- Vol. 56: They Keep It All Hid (2018) Ed. by Knox, Peter E. / Pelliccia, Hayden / Sens, Alexander
- Vol. 55: Sophisticated Speakers (2018)
- Vol. 54: Gaze, Vision, and Visuality in Ancient Greek Literature (2018) Ed. by Kampakoglou, Alexandros / Novokhatko, Anna
- Vol. 53: Recognizing Miracles in Antiquity and Beyond (2018) Ed. by Gerolemou, Maria
- Vol. 52: Reperforming Greek Tragedy (2017)
- Vol. 51: The Literary Genres in the Flavian Age (2017) Ed. by Bessone, Federica / Fucecchi, Marco
- Vol. 50: Poetry in Fragments (2017) Ed. by Tsagalis, Christos
- Vol. 49: Studies in Ancient Greek Dialects (2017) Ed. by Giannakis, Georgios / Crespo, Emilio / Filos, Panagiotis
- Vol. 48: Redeeming Thucydides' Book VIII (2017)
- Vol. 47: Early Greek Epic Fragments I (2017)
- Vol. 46: Reading Eustathios of Thessalonike (2017) Ed. by Pontani, Filippomaria / Katsaros, Vassilis / Sarris, Vassilis
- Vol. 45: Theatre World (2017) Ed. by Fountoulakis, Andreas / Markantonatos, Andreas / Vasilaros, Georgios
- Vol. 44: Panhellenes at Methone (2017) Ed. by Strauss Clay, Jenny / Malkin, Irad / Tzifopoulos, Yannis Z.
- Vol. 43: Dialect, Diction, and Style in Greek Literary and Inscribed Epigram (2016) Ed. by Sistakou, Evina / Rengakos, Antonios
- Vol. 42: Power Play in Latin Love Elegy and its Multiple Forms of Continuity in Ovid’s >Metamorphoses< (2017)
- Vol. 41: The Art of History (2016) Ed. by Liotsakis, Vasileios / Farrington, Scott
- Vol. 40: Cultural Crossroads in the Ancient Novel (2017) Ed. by Futre Pinheiro, Marília P. / Konstan, David / MacQueen, Bruce Duncan
- Vol. 39: Greek Texts and Armenian Traditions (2016) Ed. by Gazzano, Francesca / Pagani, Lara / Traina, Giusto
- Vol. 38: Tragic Failures (2016)
- Vol. 37: Homeric Receptions Across Generic and Cultural Contexts (2018) Ed. by Efstathiou, Athanasios / Karamanou, Ioanna
- Vol. 36: Wordplay and Powerplay in Latin Poetry (2016) Ed. by Mitsis, Phillip / Ziogas, Ioannis
- Vol. 35: T. Calpurnius Siculus (2018)
- Vol. 34: Roman Drama and its Contexts (2017) Ed. by Frangoulidis, Stavros / Harrison, Stephen J. / Manuwald, Gesine
- Vol. 33: Archaic and Classical Attic Dedicatory Epigrams (2016)
- Vol. 32: Knowing Future Time In and Through Greek Historiography (2017) Ed. by Lianeri, Alexandra
- Vol. 31: Wisdom and Folly in Euripides (2016) Ed. by Kyriakou, Poulheria / Rengakos, Antonios
- Vol. 30: From Agent to Spectator (2017)
- Vol. 29: Plautine Trends (2014) Ed. by Perysinakis, Ioannis N. / Karakasis, Evangelos
- Vol. 28: Lysias 21 (2014)
- Vol. 27: Seneca Philosophus (2014) Ed. by Wildberger, Jula / Colish, Marcia L.
- Vol. 26: The Play of Words (2014)
- Vol. 25: Hellenistic Studies at a Crossroads (2014) Ed. by Hunter, Richard / Rengakos, Antonios / Sistakou, Evina
- Vol. 24: Nonnus of Panopolis in Context (2014) Ed. by Spanoudakis, Konstantinos
- Vol. 23: The Shaping of Narrative in Polybius (2013)
- Vol. 22: Geography, Topography, Landscape (2013) Ed. by Skempis, Marios / Ziogas, Ioannis
- Vol. 21: Flavian Epic Interactions (2013) Ed. by Manuwald, Gesine / Voigt, Astrid
- Vol. 20: Generic Interfaces in Latin Literature (2013) Ed. by Papanghelis, Theodore D. / Harrison, Stephen J. / Frangoulidis, Stavros
- Vol. 19: Plato's "Sophist" Revisited (2013) Ed. by Bossi, Beatriz / Robinson, Thomas M.
- Vol. 18: Noscendi Nilum Cupido (2012)
- Vol. 17: Thucydides Between History and Literature (2013) Ed. by Tsakmakis, Antonis / Tamiolaki, Melina
- Vol. 16: Of Golden Manes and Silvery Faces (2012)
- Vol. 15: The Versatile Needle (2012)
- Vol. 14: Narrating Desire (2012) Ed. by Futre Pinheiro, Marília P. / Skinner, Marilyn B. / Zeitlin, Froma I.
- Vol. 13: Crisis on Stage (2011) Ed. by Markantonatos, Andreas / Zimmermann, Bernhard
- Vol. 12: Homeric Contexts (2012) Ed. by Montanari, Franco / Rengakos, Antonios / Tsagalis, Christos C.
- Vol. 10: Archaic and Classical Choral Song (2011) Ed. by Athanassaki, Lucia / Bowie, Ewen Lyall
- Vol. 11: The Past in Aeschylus and Sophocles (2011)
- Vol. 9: From Scholars to Scholia (2011) Ed. by Montanari, Franco / Pagani, Lara
- Vol. 8: Ancient Scholarship and Grammar (2011) Ed. by Matthaios, Stephanos / Montanari, Franco / Rengakos, Antonios
- Vol. 7: Allusion, Authority, and Truth (2010) Ed. by Mitsis, Phillip / Tsagalis, Christos
- Vol. 6: Narrative, Intertext, and Space in Euripides' "Phoenissae" (2010)
- Vol. 5: Song Exchange in Roman Pastoral (2011)
- Vol. 4: Narratology and Interpretation (2009) Ed. by Grethlein, Jonas / Rengakos, Antonios
- Vol. 3: On Coming After (2008)
- Vol. 2: Witches, Isis and Narrative (2008)
- Vol. 1: Inscribing Sorrow (2008)
- Vol. 73: Approaches to Greek Poetry (2018) Ed. by Ercoles, Marco / Pagani, Lara / Pontani, Filippomaria / Ucciardello, Giuseppe
- Vol. 74: Poet and Orator (2019) Ed. by Markantonatos, Andreas / Volonaki, Eleni