Studies in Theory and History of Photography
Schriften der Lehr- und Forschungsstelle für Theorie und Geschichte der Fotografie am Kunsthistorischen Institut der Universität Zürich
Ed. by Gockel, Bettina
Aims and Scope
Research on the theory and history of photography has become established today both in the humanities and in cultural studies. This should not, however, lead us to disregard the need that exists for dialogue between these cultures of expertise: in art history and visual studies, in literary studies and history, and in museums and collections. Interest in the history of photography has increased rapidly in the age of digital images, and many contemporaries have experienced the transition from analog to digital photography as a paradigm shift. Investigating the history of the photographic image enables us to understand this change. The texts in this series seek to address these needs for a crossdisciplinary exchange of knowledge in the study of photography.
- AKADEMIE VERLAG
- Vol. 10: The Colors of Photography (2020) Ed. by Gockel, Bettina
- Vol. 9: Das Autochrom in Großbritannien (2017)
- Vol. 8: The Indigenous Lens? (2017) Ed. by Ritter, Markus / Scheiwiller, Staci G.
- Vol. 7: Zeigen und/oder Beweisen? (2016) Ed. by Wolf, Herta
- Vol. 6: Fotografie und museales Wissen (2015)
- Vol. 5: 3D and Animated Lenticular Photography (2015)
- Vol. 4: Neuerfindung der Fotografie (2014) Ed. by Gockel, Bettina
- Vol. 3: Die Fotomontage im faschistischen Italien (2015)
- Vol. 2: American Photography (2013) Ed. by Gockel, Bettina
- Vol. 1: Weltenbilder (2012) Ed. by Baltzer, Nanni / Kersten, Wolfgang F.