Handbooks of the Bible and Its Reception (HBR)
Aims and Scope
The series Handbooks of the Bible and Its Reception (HBR) provides comprehensive introductions to individual topics in biblical reception history. Based on the multi-volume reference work Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception (EBR), HBR offers broad and in-depth analyses of selected issues found in EBR. The Handbooks address a wide range of interdisciplinary matters, including reception of the Bible in various contexts and historical periods; in diverse geographic areas; in particular cultural, social, and political contexts; and in relation to important biblical themes, topics, and figures. HBR is an indispensable tool for scholars and students in the field of biblical reception.
Further information on „The Bible and Its Reception“.
- Vol. 5/3: Job. Volume 3 Globalized Job (2020) Ed. by Seow, Choon-Leong
- Vol. 5/2: Job. Volume 2 The Modern Period in the West (2019) Ed. by Seow, Choon-Leong
- Vol. 5/1: Job. Volume 1 The Premodern Period (2019) Ed. by Seow, Choon-Leong
- Vol. 2: The Bible in Motion (2016) Ed. by Burnette-Bletsch, Rhonda
- Vol. 1/2: The Bible in Folklore Worldwide. Volume II A Handbook of Biblical Reception in Folklores of Africa, Asia, Oceania, and the Americas (2019) Ed. by Ziolkowski, Eric
- Vol. 1/1: The Bible in Folklore Worldwide. Volume I A Handbook of Biblical Reception in Jewish, European Christian, and Islamic Folklores (2017) Ed. by Ziolkowski, Eric