Semiotics, Communication and Cognition [SCC]
Ed. by Cobley, Paul / Kull, Kalevi
Aims and Scope
The series focuses on the state of contemporary semiotics and its current applications. It is intended to produce a number of concise interventions in semiotics, by which is meant studies of discrete areas of nature and culture that are interrogated using sign theory (in particular, as derived from the example of Peirce, Saussure, Sebeok, Lotman, von Uexküll, Greimas, Eco). Semiotics has undergone exciting sea changes in recent years. It has also been supplemented and reinvigorated by developments in media and theory and new areas of application.
The series is designed to present developments in contemporary semiotics by focusing primarily on specific areas of its application. In addition to their specific focus, the books in this series give a rounded picture of current semiotics. Their emphasis is on current theory and the possibilities offered by the implementation of such theory.
Each volume in the series places its topic within a general understanding of today's semiotics, a disciplinary field which comprises not just the study of culture but also the study of nature. Given the interdisciplinary character of this field and the spread of the target audience, the books are accessibly written and communicate with an academic readership that is not overspecialized.
SCC is a peer-reviewed series of international scope.
- DE GRUYTER MOUTON
- Vol. 18: Semiotics and its Masters (2017) Ed. by Bankov, Kristian / Cobley, Paul
- Vol. 17: Thinking with Diagrams (2016) Ed. by Krämer, Sybille / Ljungberg, Christina
- Vol. 16: Heroizability (2015)
- Vol. 15: Signs, Meaning and Experience (2015)
- Vol. 14: Charles Sanders Peirce in His Own Words (2014) Ed. by Thellefsen, Torkild / Sorensen, Bent
- Vol. 13: Sign Studies and Semioethics (2014)
- Vol. 12: Structure and the Whole (2014)
- Vol. 19: Umberto Eco in His Own Words (2017) Ed. by Thellefsen, Torkild / Sørensen, Bent
- Peirce and Heidegger in Dialogue (2019)
- Chinese Semiotics in the Pre-Imperial Age (2019)
- Living by Models (2019)
- Vol. 11: Semiotics and Documentary Film (2013)
- Vol. 10: Semiotics of Classical Music (2012)
- Vol. 9: Wittgenstein in Translation (2012)
- Vol. 8: Readings in Zoosemiotics (2012) Ed. by Maran, Timo / Martinelli, Dario / Turovski, Aleksei
- Vol. 7: Semiotics Continues to Astonish (2011) Ed. by Cobley, Paul / Deely, John / Kull, Kalevi / Petrilli, Susan
- Vol. 6: Linguistic Supertypes (2011)
- Vol. 5: Entangling Forms (2010)
- Vol. 4: Purely Objective Reality (2009)
- Vol. 3: Semiotics at the Circus (2011)
- Vol. 2: Signifying and Understanding (2009)
- Vol. 1: Culture and Explosion (2010) Ed. by Grishakova, Marina