Studies in Manuscript Cultures
Ed. by Friedrich, Michael / Isaacson, Harunaga / Quenzer, Jörg B.
Aims and Scope
The series publishes monographs and collective volumes contributing to the emerging field of manuscript studies (manuscriptology), which includes disciplines such as philology, palaeography, codicology, art history, and material analysis.
SMC encourages comparative approaches, without geographical or other limitations on the material studied; it contributes to a historical and systematic survey of manuscript cultures, and provides a new foundation for current discussions in Cultural Studies.
- Vol. 16: Creating Standards (2019) Ed. by Bondarev, Dmitry / Gori, Alessandro / Souag, Mostafa Lameen
- Vol. 15: Studies on Greek and Coptic Majuscule Scripts and Books (2018)
- Vol. 14: Indic Manuscript Cultures through the Ages (2017) Ed. by Vergiani, Vincenzo / Cuneo, Daniele / Formigatti, Camillo Alessio
- Vol. 13: Jewish Manuscript Cultures (2017) Ed. by Wandrey, Irina
- Vol. 12: The Arts and Crafts of Literacy (2017) Ed. by Brigaglia, Andrea / Nobili, Mauro
- Vol. 11: Manuscripts and Archives (2018) Ed. by Bausi, Alessandro / Brockmann, Christian / Friedrich, Michael / Kienitz, Sabine
- Vol. 10: Dividing Texts (2019)
- Vol. 9: One-Volume Libraries: Composite and Multiple-Text Manuscripts (2016) Ed. by Friedrich, Michael / Schwarke, Cosima
- Vol. 8: Of Gods and Books (2016)
- Vol. 7: Tracing Manuscripts in Time and Space through Paratexts (2016) Ed. by Ciotti, Giovanni / Lin, Hang
- Vol. 6: Translating Chinese Tradition and Teaching Tangut Culture (2015)
- Vol. 5: Variance in Arabic Manuscripts (2016)
- Vol. 4: The Writing System of Scribe Zhou (2016)
- Vol. 3: Manuscript, Print and Memory (2014)
- Vol. 2: Manuscripts and Travellers (2011)
- Vol. 1: Manuscript Cultures: Mapping the Field (2014) Ed. by Quenzer, Jörg / Bondarev, Dmitry / Sobisch, Jan-Ulrich