Schriftmedien – Kommunikations- und buchwissenschaftliche Perspektiven /
Written Media – Perspectives in Communication and Book Studies
Ed. by Bonfadelli, Heinz / Rautenberg, Ursula / Schneider, Ute
Aims and Scope
In recent years the field of book studies has been reconceptualized, moving away from a primarily historical and narrative focus. This change, triggered in part by new media, has involved an expansion in the range of research questions considered as well as their theoretical underpinnings. Analysis of the forms of communication used in written media form an essential aspect of this new approach. Conceptually, the series is based on an understanding of written media found in interdisciplinary perspectives as well as communication and media studies. Accordingly, the volumes published in the series will not focus solely on media such as books, newspapers, and journals, but also address the broader dimensions of communication in written media overall. This proven approach in research and teaching is integrative and thus has many points of intersection to neighboring disciplines. The series publishes works that explore the problem-solving potential of book studies when it avails itself of interdisciplinary perspectives to assess written communication in the past and present.
- Vol. 7: Buchhandelssystem und Wissensraum in der Frühen Neuzeit (2019)
- Vol. 6: Parallelverlage im geteilten Deutschland (2019)
- Vol. 5: Buchhandelsstrategien im digitalen Markt (2016)
- Vol. 4: Typographorum Emblemata (2018) Ed. by Wolkenhauer, Anja / Scholz, Bernhard F.
- Vol. 3: Lesepraxis von Kindern und Jugendlichen (2016)
- Vol. 2: Der Typograph Hermann Zapf (2015)
- Vol. 1: Vermittler des Rechts (2015)