Studies and Texts in Scepticism
Ed. by Veltri, Giuseppe
Together with Eichner, Heidrun / Fishman, Talya / Haliva, Racheli / Lagerlund, Henrik / Leicht, Reimund / Schmid, Stephan / Wilke, Carsten / Zwiep, Irene
Aims and Scope
The series Studies and Texts in Scepticism contains monographs, translations, and collected essays exploring scepticism in its dual manifestation as a purely philosophical tradition and as a set of sceptical strategies, concepts, and attitudes in the cultural field - especially in religions, perhaps most notably in Judaism. In such cultural contexts scepticism manifests as a critical attitude towards different dimensions and systems of secular or revealed knowledge and towards religious and political authorities. It is not merely an intellectual or theoretical worldview, but a critical form of life that expresses itself in such diverse phenomena as religion, literature, and society.
Further book series of the Maimonides Centre for Advanced Studies are Jewish Thought, Philosophy, and Religion and the Yearbook of the Maimonides Centre for Advanced Studies.
- Vol. 10: Bruce Nauman (2021)
- Vol. 9: A Touch of Doubt (2020) Ed. by Aumiller, Rachel
- Vol. 8: Socrates, or on Human Knowledge (2019) Ed. by Veltri, Giuseppe / Torbidoni, Michela
- Vol. 7: Discourse on the State of the Jews (2019) Ed. by Veltri, Giuseppe / Lissa, Anna
- Vol. 6: Sceptical Paths (2019) Ed. by Veltri, Giuseppe / Haliva, Racheli / Schmid, Stephan / Spinelli, Emidio
- Vol. 5: Scepticism and Anti-Scepticism in Medieval Jewish Philosophy and Thought (2018) Ed. by Haliva, Racheli
- Vol. 4: Abraham Abulafia's Esotericism (2020)
- Vol. 3: Alienated Wisdom (2018)
- Vol. 2: Isaac Orobio (2018) Ed. by Wilke, Carsten
- Vol. 1: Converts of Conviction (2017) Ed. by Ruderman, David B.