Studies in Medieval and Early Modern Culture
Aims and Scope
Studies in Medieval and Early Modern Culture (essay collections) and Research in Medieval and Early Modern Culture (monographs) are sister series originally inspired by themes drawn from the annual International Congress on Medieval Studies at Kalamazoo. These series provide a home for high‐quality humanities research on topics from the late antique, medieval and early modern periods. Although both series have historically focused on medieval Europe, we have expanded geographically and chronologically to embrace a wider conception of the premodern. We welcome studies addressing a range of topics from the late antique, medieval and early modern periods, and we invite proposals from new and established scholars who employ innovative and interdisciplinary approaches to investigate literary, historical and material sources and explore what it has meant to be human through the ages.
- Vol. 70: The Horse in Premodern European Culture (2020) Ed. by Ropa, Anastasija / Dawson, Timothy
- Vol. 68: Polemic and Literature Surrounding the French Wars of Religion (2019) Ed. by Kendrick, Jeff / Maynard, Katherine S.
- Vol. 67: The Feeling Heart in Medieval and Early Modern Europe (2019) Ed. by Barclay, Katie / Reddan, Bronwyn
- Vol. 66: Inscribing Knowledge in the Medieval Book (2020) Ed. by Brown-Grant, Rosalind / Carmassi, Patrizia / Drossbach, Gisela / Hedeman, Anne D. / Turner, Victoria / Ventura, Iolanda
- Vol. 65: Blind Spots of Knowledge in Shakespeare and His World (2019) Ed. by Mukherji, Subha
- Vol. 64: The Shapes of Early English Poetry (2019) Ed. by Weiskott, Eric / Dumitrescu, Irina
- Vol. 63: Inventing Modernity in Medieval European Thought, ca. 1100–ca. 1550 (2019) Ed. by Nedermann, Cary J. / Koch, Bettina
- Vol. 60: Memorializing the Middle Classes in Medieval and Renaissance Europe (2018) Ed. by Leader, Anne
- Vol. 58: The Impact of Latin Culture on Medieval and Early Modern Scottish Writing (2020) Ed. by Petrina, Alessandra
- Vol. 54: Saints and Sainthood around the Baltic Sea (2020) Ed. by Jensen, Carsten Selch / Sands, Tracey / Petersen, Nils Holger / Jensen, Kurt Villads / Lehtonen, Tuomas M. S.
- Vol. 53: Authority of Images / Images of Authority (2020) Ed. by Fresco, Karen
- Teaching “Beowulf” (2021) Ed. by Swain, Larry / Hostetter, Aaron
- Chivalry (2021) Ed. by Grussenmeyer, Jon-Mark / Gust, Geoffrey